HOW CAN GOD BECOME A MAN?
- Not man becoming God ↑, but God becoming man ↓ (Phil.2:6-8)
- Can God do anything, in his omnipotence? Thus, can he become a man? Yes! So not how, but why! To Erradicate SIN
- Must remind them of theophanies (burning bush, Angel with Abraham, Jacob wrestling etc…)
- Mk 14:61-62 = Son of the Blessed One, and ‘Son of Man’ = Dan.7:13-14 = authority, glory, sovereign power, worship, dominion
- Issa – Jesus = God’s Word (S. 4:171; John 1:1) God’s Word = uncreated: Sura 85:22 (uncreated eternal tablets = mother of books S.43:4)
- Jesus = ‘Spirit proceeding from God’ (S. 4:171), ‘supported by the Holy Spirit’ (S. 12:87; 58:22), Spirit = Essence of God (S.2:253)
- Jesus= unique: Sinless (S. 19:19), born of virgin (S. 21:91), gave life to birds & the dead, healed, miraculous knowledge (S.3:49)