WHO IS THE TRUE JESUS (YESHUA OR ISA)?
- How do we find the Historical Jesus?
- What does the Qur’an tell us about Jesus? [Suras 3 & 19]
- Jesus fits 1st c. (O.T.- Dead Sea Scr.- Gospels- Josephus) – Pharisees (Hillel & Shamai), not Saducees or Essenes, confronts Law, Temple, & King. of God
- ‘Isa’ fits 5-8th c. (Sectarian writings, Syriac mss.) [progression of Mary, Digression of Joseph]
- Nestorians (5th C.): Jesus = God-chosen human (sura 3:42-48, 51, 59; 4:171; 5:116-117;19:30, 34-35)
- Monarchists: God has no children (sura 4:171; 19:34)
- Docetists (1st C.): Jesus didn’t die (sura 4:156-158)
- Monophysites – Cholloridian (4th C.) Maryolatry: Mary in the Trinity (sura 5:116)